Tuesday, October 15, 2013

ONE OF MY FAVORITE PLACES TO BUY TREES ONLINE


One of my favorite places to buy trees online Burnt Ridge Nursery.http://www.burntridgenursery.com I really enjoy shopping. Okay some would classify it as love but, I prefer to think that love is reserved for God and mankind and perhaps a few of our pets. Alright, enough said, I think you get what I’m trying to say… I also really really enjoy gardening so, finding really nice, healthy plants for at relatively inexpensive prices to help fill my garden is a pastime that I thoroughly enjoy. I found out about Burnt Ridge Nursery about four years ago while reading a gardening forum; I think that it was http://www.gardenweb.com. At any rate, someone mentioned Burnt Ridge as a place that offers quality plants, good sized edible plants at affordable prices. I checked out their website, spent several weeks picking out which trees and fruiting bushes I’d like to try and the rest is history. Burnt Ridge has never yet disappointed me in delivering nice sized plants. I appreciate the fact that they offer a one year guarantee on all of their plants and will honor that guarantee when you place your next order. Thus far I have been very happy with all of the plants that I have gotten from Burnt Ridge and I have gotten very healthy carefully packaged plants. I live in zone 7a and have purchased the following plants from Burnt Ridge Nursery: Cherry Trees Apricot Blueberry Fig Trees Everbearing Red Raspberry Strawberry Currants Goumi/Autumn Olive Sea Berry Mulberry Apple Thus far they have all done well in my 3-10 gallon sized containers.  I have not gotten huge yields from some of them as yet because some of them are still too young to produce (or because the birds/squirrels/or night roaming beasts have beat me to some of my harvest) but I have had enough yield to at least get a taste of most of them. I love the idea of having access to the the best fruits right at our fingertips. I think that for us to secure optimal health we have to secure the best sorts of fruits and vegetables. I’m trying to recreate a zone 7 garden of eden; a place where I can commune with God in nature and eat of the bounties blessed by the Creator Himself. Burnt Ridge Nursery has been helping me do just that.    

No comments:

Post a Comment